Thursday 25 October 2018

Heroclix Mod: Rocketeer

Growing up, I had a few favourite movies that I watched so many times I could almost quote them from beginning to end, word for word. As might be guessed when looking at the Heroclix mods I've been producing so far, the Star Wars trilogy was included in that list; despite the fact that most of the characters I've made are not from the original trilogy.
Another of those favourites was The Rocketeer, produced by Disney in the early '90s. I've since learned that the show is based on some graphic novel or comic book series or something, but I've not read it.
Ever since I started being interested in sculpting my own minis, and especially as I have been modding Heroclix, I knew that at some point I was going to want to sculpt the Rocketeer. Well, a modification will do for now:
That gun sure looks big at this angle!

And the donor is...the Red Hood:
The original sculpt I modded. (Pic from Herominis.com)

I finally took the plunge and started chopping plastic. So here's some more of the finished product!
Interesting adhesive solution for the base swap: I melted the top of the base a bit and pressed the figure directly to it.
As I really like the design from the movie, I'm especially pleased with how the rocket pack came out. I tried out a Bergman machine pistol in his right hand to replace the sword, not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment