Wednesday 20 December 2017

Falling girl: a Heroclix conversion

When I prepped some green stuff for the clone trooper helmet, there was still a little left over. It was still quite a lump and I couldn't stand to toss it so I quickly  sorted through that Heroclix box to see if there was a hero I could convert with a bit of green stuff. What came to me was an idea for a DC hero called fire. The sculpt, as you can see in the pics, is a semi-transparent green. I assume she's supposed to be hovering or something, definitely not standing or running. But the pose and the way the hair sticks mostly straight up from the head, she could also be falling. Not like an accidental fall, mind you, but like she's jumping off a cliff or something. What kind of girl might be jumping from a cliff? Perhaps a girl like Lara Croft. So I decided to make Fire into a rugged adventure girl.

So with no specific game in mind or any plans for future use of what I was about to create, I got under way.

First thing's first, of course, gotta trim all those tendril things that are probably supposed to be flames or something. Quickly shaved them off, because I gotta have time to shape the green stuff before it sets. Well, then she looks all naked, so a pair of adventurey shorts are in order, I can just paint a shirt over her as she is. Well, maybe not...

her breasts just seem too...

unrestrained-looking...

to be under a shirt...

Okay, so one breast reduction surgery later, I figured all adventurers need a backpack, so I made her a backpack. Made sure to make the backpack strain away from her body a bit to keep the impression of her falling through the air. Put on a belt and a sidearm, because adventure girls have those, right? Finally, because I still had some epoxy left, I gave her some nice heavy hiking boots.

Some painting and a layer of Pledge acrylic floor finish to seal it up and hey, presto!

I think the conversion went rather well for having to make up a plan after mixing the epoxy!

Still thinking on how to base her.

The pics:
This girl is tough! See, she has a bandage around her left hand!
"I'm falling into the unknown, but on purpose!"

Kind of looks like she's going for the Crane Kick a la Karate Kid.
I really like how the backpack turned out. I even put a little canteen on the left side.


No comments:

Post a Comment