Monday 1 March 2021

Repair and Repaint: Woodland Scout from Mage Knight

A couple years ago I thrifted a little baggie of Mage Knight minis. Mage Knight as in the precursor to the much more popular Heroclix. I've seen some talk here and there on the webz about these figures and certain disparaging remarks about their level of sculpt detail and quality of paint jobs. Even in the handful of figures I picked up, there is a range of quality levels in both fields. But also in my handful of figures, there were a number that have been damaged. The worst case is a skeleton archer missing its bow arm and both feet. I hope to be posting more on the skeleton later, but for now, I want to show off my first repair and repaint from this fantasy range.

Enter the Woodland Scout. She appears to be an elf, having obviously pointed ears. The only thing broken appeared to be a weapon she was holding up; looking up pics on Google, it was a sword.

I decided the pose was too awkward looking for how the sword was being held, so I decided on a pole arm instead. With green stuff I'm not a great weapon sculptor, so I stuck to a simple enough blade on the end of a piece of paper clip. The paint wasn't great, but I liked the green, so I stuck with that colour. This was my first time stripping paint from a miniature before repainting, too. 



So, this compared to...

...this.

Will likely be joining a game in the near future.


2 comments: